In April 2022, Kaseya announced its plans to acquire Datto. As an insider on the Communications team, I worked with Datto executives to identify key audiences, stakeholders, and messaging. I worked with a cross-functional team of Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Finance, and Investor Relations leaders. Deliverables included:
- Executive messaging (emails, intranet posts, and all-hands talking points)
- Press release
- Documents for all Datto employees (equity information, general questions)
- Documents for the Go-to-market organization (talking points, targeted questions)
- General questions for customers
- Social media posts for key spokespeople and leaders
This project included a small deal team, which was comprised of executive leadership and Communications team members. Fewer than twenty people were involved, and all team members were considered SEC insiders.