In 2020, I was hired as Digital Workplace & Intranet Manager at Datto to oversee the creation, launch, strategy, governance, and administration of a new intranet platform. The core launch team was comprised of members from Marketing, Sales, IT, Engineering, Customer Success, and Support. And we identified 114 content contributors from 19 different departments within the broader Datto organization who were tasked with building out content within 47 microsites prior to launch.
I launched the new Dattosphere intranet platform before nearly 2,000 global employees on the morning of March 13, 2020 — just two days before a work from home mandate was issued as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. But despite the challenges associated with launching a new platform amidst a major world event, the intranet was (and continues to be) a success.
- Within 90 days of launch, 100% of Datto employees visited the platform at least once
- In the two years following launch, 91% of employees visited the intranet at least once per month
- The platform grew to include over 4,000 published content pages
- The number of site content managers grew to nearly 300 employees
- The number of total sites grew to 110
- On average per month, 300 new pieces of content are created
- Over 5,000 monthly platform searches conducted
- Nearly 35,000 monthly content views